1. Tunable temporal modulation by spatial control of cascading delay lines on spinning microstructured
Roland Fleddermann,Woei Ming Lee, Keshu Huang, Geo T Campbell, Ping Koy Lam,
Amit K Singh, Jong H Chow - Optic Express (In review)
These articles are provided only for academic purposes for use in teaching and research. All the related copyrights remain with the concerned publishers. Click on the manuscript title to access a copy.
Sanjay P. Sane, Amit K. Singh, IISC Journal (2011) * Invited review.
Amit k. Singh, Sunil Prabhakar, Sanjay P. Sane. Biology Letters (2011)
* Chosen as one of the 5 most stimulating papers of 2011 by Royal society editorial board.
2016 - Harvard University "Functional Morphology and Evolutionary Mechanics of Leaf Shapes".
(Arnold Arboretum) 23rd June 2016.
2016 - Harvard University "Moving Plants, Biological gearbox & On Dorsiventrality of Leaves.
Department of Applied Mathematics. 21st June 2016.
2016 - Harvard University "How do plants move ? Physics and hydraulics of plant movements.
(Arnold Arboretum) 22nd June 2016.
2016 - European Molecular Biology laboratory "Growth & Form in 4D: Automated, in-vivo, non-invasive phenotyping of leaf growth under environmental influences". 19th November 2016.
2016 - Stanford University "On Dorsiventrality of Leaves, Moving plants & Manual transmission in
insect flight". Department of Geological Sciences. 11th July 2016.
2016 - University of Connecticut "On Dorsiventrality of Leaves, Passive mechanisms of ultrafast movement & Manual transmission in insect fight". Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. 29th June 2016
2014 - Ecological Society of Australia "Evolutionary Biomechanics of fast movement in plants". Alice springs, Australia.
Grants & Awards
1. EMBL “Towards Quantitative Biology” Travel grant - 2016 (3000 $ AUD)
2. Boden Research Conference grant - 2016
3. Harvard microMORPH travel grant - 2016
4. Company of Biologist symposium grant - 2016 (5000 $ approx. AUD)
5. ANU Prometheus WIKI editorial Scholarship - August 2014 - August 2015
6. International postgraduate research award - July 2014 - July 2018 (132, 724 $ AUD)
7. Australian postgraduate award - July 2014 - July 2018 (91, 000 $ over 3.5 years AUD)
8. Rai Foundation Undergraduate study scholarship - 2004 - 2008 (13500 $ approx.)
9. Best thesis award - Undergraduate thesis, Bioengineering research center, Bangalore 2008
4. "New dimensions of Pelargonium : 3 dimensional analysis and quantification of leaf shape" Dimensions
meet. Capetown , South africa 2015.
5. "Mechanics of fast prey capture by aquatic carnivorous plant" - Advanced school on Living Mechanics:
Cells, Tissues and Organisms, Bangalore, 2010.
6. "Biomechanics of fast prey capture in Utricularia Stellaris" - Annual research talks, NCBS, Bangalore, 2010.
1. "New dimensions in understanding the ecology of leaf form: three - dimensional quantication of leaf shape
SOCS, Canberra, Australia. 2016
2. "Life sciences require fourth dimension : Noninvasive, in vivo quantication of growth anatomy and
morphology through time" - SOCS, Canberra, Australia. 2016.
3. "New dimensions in understanding leaf functional ecology: Three - dimensional quantification of leaf
form" ESA, Adelaide, Australia. 2015.
Amit k. Singh | Research School of Biology | Australian National University |
@ 2017 Amit k. Singh
Amit K. Singh
Biomechanics and Environmental Physics